Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Velma Piano Students- Advanced Sidney Lewis

Oh my what to say about this one...

She came to me as a cute and polite 3rd grader.

She stole my heart.


What she has become is amazing.

A young woman.

With beauty and talent.

What I love most about Sidney is her heart. And if there were anything to measure a person by it'd by that. The heart. At the heart of Sidney is perspective and optimism, light and breath, openness and beauty- incredible beauty. True beauty. The kind you can't buy and you can't fake.

She has an amazing ability to write songs. Not just catchy tunes either, songs with depth and meaning and tunes I go away singing for days.

While she started out singing, after 2 years she picked up the piano. After 2 years of that she began picking up the guitar. She plays all three well. And sings while playing a lot.

This year she picked up singing in Italian.




I have taken her to contest, she's sung all over the state, sharing her heart and her song. She was awarded this trophy today and I couldn't be more proud.


This is an impromptu singing of "Hold My Heart" on my very much in need of a tuning piano....





Here's the link to her other song......

Left or Jared's Song


No comments: