Thursday, May 20, 2010

Duncan Piano Students- The third and fourth graders

This is Collin Thornton. Collin came as a transfer student. He has taken since kindergarten. I am his third teacher. He is advanced and is always amazing me with his knowledge of scales, theory and his ability to sightread. He made a superior plus rating on this piece at state May 15th. Way to go, Colin!



Burlesca by Bach



This is Lauren Jones. She's a fourth grader as well. I love her cute personality. She and I are both the third child with 2 older brothers. We share a need for fun. So this year aside from working through Faber's level 1 book, memorizing a few songs, sightreading for prizes & learning a new key- G, we managed to play lots of games.



Her own arrangement of Surprise Symphony by Haydn

She has another song to post...I have to record, check back soon.....


Also another sweet and fun 4th grader- Alyssa Cox. I was Alyssa's first teacher in 1st grade. Then she moved and I had Charis - I was glad to welcome her back this year. She's progressed well finishing Faber's book 2a and well into 2b. She's branched out to several new keys and taken on scales this year. I am confident she would've done well at contest had I known she had memorized this piece....

Dance of the Irish by Faber





We missed the deadline this year but we will not next year I promise!

Here she is playing Rhino in the Mud...



Brock Bell is my lone 3rd grader this year. He is quite charming and fun to teach. He has completed book 1 and on to a new key- G as well. He is playing in that new key here in Game Time arr. by Faber-

1 comment:

bethcox said...

Lori, Just checked out your website. It's awesome! I'm sure Alyssa has forgotten about it. She'll be excited to see herself.