Thursday, May 20, 2010

Duncan Students - Guitar

These are my guitar students from Duncan.

Ryan Neal.

I have to post this picture...

I've know Ryan since he was born.





Ryan is playing Joshua fit the battle of Jericho.
He started with me in November after getting his electric guitar for his birthday.
He likes tab and chords, but has learned notes and this song is on the A or 5th string...
We've covered a lot in the last 7 months!





This is Brett Bell.
Brett has taken a year and half. He has a good sense of precision and works at learning each piece correctly.
What I love most about Brett is his excitement when he "gets it". His perseverance pays off and he delights in the finished product. Brett will continue to play and get better and better I am sure. He is a delight to talk with, a very polite young man. He is usually my last student of the week and we have an end of the week tradition :)

This is Sydni Blalock.
I have known Sydni since she was born as well.
It's always a joy to see kids progress over many years.
She has taken a year and a half as well. She has a quietness about her that is beautiful. She is always willing to work at lessons. She's been in Faber's Level 2 guitar book all year. Here she is playing Arpeggio from that book. Sydni dances and plays tennis. She graduated from 5th grade this year. Now that she's mastered most of the notes on the guitar we are exploring more chords, I think she's excited about that.



This is Alex Bowers.
Alex is in 7th grade. She came to me last summer for piano lessons. She has had several years of piano from an area teacher. She is very talented. She also plays tennis competitively and is on the academic team.
After the summer I was glad to get her as a guitar student. Alex had no problem picking up the guitar. She's a natural musician.








Video coming....

No comments: